Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 7th

My Gratitude

Let's see...
Today I am grateful for a lovely night in at home last night with my sweet eldest daughter, watching movies and sharing a cheese and fruit platter. It just reinforced to me how much I enjoy my home and those who share it with me.

I am also extremely grateful to have mobile phone reception! I did without my phone for 10 days while I was house sitting - something of a record for me.  Now I'm home I can catch up with my favourite people :)

I'm thankful for feeling like I'm re-discovering who I am, the things I love and those little things that make me feel joy and smile with delight. Things like mis-matched vintage crockery and cutlery, candles that smell goooood,  vintage linens, pretty things, beautiful words. And now all I have to do is reconcile that, with the girl who wants to make bucketloads of money...easy! Lol.

I'm grateful for my friends. I may be biased but I happen to think I have the best friends in the world. They are scattered all over the place, but I love being connected with them. They make me laugh, they frustrate me, they teach me, they support me, they push me, they always tell me what they think whether I want to hear it or not, they accept me, they love me, and they are always there for me.
Some I have been friends with for more years than I care to remember, some I have met recently, some I haven't met at all except through an internet connection. It doesn't matter though, they are all pretty darn fantastic.
Could I ask for anything more? I don't think so.

And today I'm grateful for another day to learn new things. As always.

_________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. There's no place like home eh? I couldn't agree more. I prefer to be in my space than anywhere else. I think that even if I went to the most beautiful place on Earth... I'd eventually want to come back home. I am ever so grateful for my little home!!

    ReplyDelete