Saturday, January 8, 2011

8th Jan

Can you believe we are into the second week of the new year already? Goodness, time really does fly when you're having fun!

My Gratitude

I'm so thankful that even after nearly 3 weeks of not going to the gym, I can still run 5k's without feeling too much pain. Which is good because tomorrow I am running in my very first fun run! Very excited to be hitting my first goal of the year. I have already started to look for the next one, and am looking to build on that 5k's slowly but surely.

I'm grateful for my 42" plasma tv, my dvd player and my very comfy couch for turning my lounge room into my very favourite place to watch movies. Add some pillows, a quilt to snuggle under and a snack and it's very close to heaven! I love to watch movies...funny, romantic, action, and especially old Hollywood musicals (I've said it before I know, but bring back Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire!). It's so satisfying to be able to drift away into another world for a couple of hours.

I'm grateful that in only one week and one day, my younger daughter is returning from her month-long sojourn to NZ. Every Christmas time she heads off to visit her father and brother, and it gets v e r y quiet around here! I enjoy the peace but am definitely looking forward to having her home. She has a personality all her own.

I'm also very grateful to my ex for doing such a good job of raising our son. Harry has been living with him for three years now, and he is so settled and happy. Although I miss Harry always, I know he is in the best place for him right now. And I can't wait for him to come visit again...

I'm thankful for the gadgets that bring me joy. My computer, sewing machine, washing machine (when it's not raining, I love doing laundry...I hope it stops raining soon), dishwasher (because in all weather I loathe doing the dishes), and mobile phone. Oh and the hot water heater. Hot water is superb. And I know they aren't gadgets and I hate doing dishes, but I really love tea-towels.
These things generally rock my world, and make my life ever so slightly lovelier.

_____________________________________________



2 comments:

  1. I wish more people were grateful for what they had in their lives.. instead of the opposite! I have so much to be grateful for too.. and I know everything happens for a reason.. but I just cannot be grateful for this rain! Love ya babe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue! you have probably already gathered that I too am into GRATITUDE. In saying that, I haven't always been - but now that I am, I can quite freely admit the wrongs of my past. Now, about being grateful for a dishwasher...mine died a couple of days ago, but I am grateful that we started it a few minutes before we left for Victor Harbour and there was time enough for us to notice the water pouring out all over the kitchen floor as we were walking out the door.....also grateful for my husband getting all of the stinky dishes out of the stuffed dishwasher and washing them all before we got home! :-)) xx

    ReplyDelete