Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11th Jan

Oh my...so much devastation with the floods here in Queensland.
My heart and prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones, homes, pets, income. It is so, so sad.
Please join with me in praying that those who are still missing are safe.

My Gratitude

I am so grateful that myself and my family and friends are all safe and well. Although the worst is not yet over in Brisbane and surrounds, so far, all is well in my Universe. I am thankful that my home isn't threatened by rising flood waters, and that the rain seems to be easing a little tonight.

I am grateful for all my caring friends on Facebook and the sharing of information to help people know what has been happening over the course of the day today.
The Queensland Police website has been truly fantastic also.

I'm grateful for two great books received in the post today from a friend...more assistance on meeting my goals for the year!

I'm thankful for my lovely family and friends and for having a great support network in my life. It's nice to know these people are always there for me if I need them.

I'm grateful for my bed.
I love my bed.

____________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. right beside you girl!! On my knees for Queensland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you...both with being grateful we're safe and for the Queensland Police website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfectly said...for all of us in Queensland who are lucky to be high and dry for tonight. I am grateful also for that and the Qld Police website which has been keeping me informed, along with twitter and facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you too. Praying for QLD.
    I feel helpless here in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete