Thursday, January 6, 2011

6th Jan

My Gratitude

Well, I'm trying very hard to be grateful for all the rain :)
The bright spot in this is surely we can't be in a drought anymore? I can have a nice long shower without guilt!

I'm ever so thankful to be at home. Sweet home! So thankful that I am giving her a spruce up and rearranging things - one of my favourite past-times. I will go out and buy some flowers later to say thank you for this lovely roof over my head.

I'm grateful for music. It's something that can change my mood instantly - and always for the better. Today I'm loving Lisa Mitchell, John Mayer, Kate Ceberano, Madeleine Peyroux, Pink Martini and the extremely groovy Jason Mraz.

I'm grateful for lots of scrumptious fabric waiting to be made into gorgeous quilts. And even more grateful for the urge to embroider and sew. Must pick up my machine from the doctor before the urge leaves again!

I'm thankful that I'll be sleeping in my own beautiful bed tonight. I love my bed, it's one of my favourite places to be. I sleep in it, read in it, dream in it, write in it. I don't do computery stuff in it though, because I like my bedroom to be more of a boudoir (did you know it means 'sulking room') and so don't take technology in there. There's always plenty of books and candles though. *sigh*
Maybe I'll have a nap, just to remind me how wonderful it really is...

___________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I almost put music on today. It happens so rarely that it feels like such a treat! Post pictures of your quilts when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You reminded me to turn on my music and enjoy. I think it is a good habit to get into in regards to letting the bedroom be a santuary. I didn't know that boudoir meant sulking room. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just relaxing, I love bed time too, fave time to dream, fantasise read and write :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. "scrumptious fabric" ... my friends laugh when I say fabric is "delicious" because it's so beautiful. :) I have some quilting I want to get back to. JeanneM

    ReplyDelete