Sunday, January 9, 2011

9th Jan

I am feeling fantastic today my friends!
Why?
Because my first goal for the year has been achieved!
This morning I woke at 5am, made myself a substantial breakfast of oatbran and banana, and headed out into the inclement weather to participate in my very first fun run.
I had a ball! I had a goal time that I wanted to run my 5 kilometres in, and I achieved it, I got to talk to some really lovely, positive and motivated people, and even made a new friend! A morning well-spent I'd say.
And afterwards I called in to see my lovely friends Linda and Pieter who made me the most divine organic salad (with the best smoked salmon I have ever tasted) for lunch...life is great!

I am now planning more races, and more training. I want to improve my time, and my distance - need to be running a fast 10k, because I discovered this morning that is where all the hot guys are! LOL.
I'm even thinking about trying to start a running group here in my little town - will put some feelers out and see what sort of interest is out there.

And so, on to....

My Gratitude

Obviously my first one is that I'm grateful to have achieved my first goal for 2011. It's the best feeling, especially so soon into the year.

Related to the first, I'm grateful it was cool and drizzly while I was running, and that the downpours were before and after my run!

I'm very thankful for coming home to a lovely clean kitchen, thanks to the delightful Gabbie. One less thing I have to do today!

I'm going to be grateful for all this rain we have been having - if only for the excuse to stay at home all cozy and snuggly.

I'm thankful on Miss Brooklyn's behalf that she has made the U19's Premier League netball team.Well done Brooke - have a kick-butt year with your new coach!

______________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that's starting off the year with a bang! Keep up the good work...and lunch sounded delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete